Compass is a metaphor for the heart; orienting the body through multiple dimensions and acting as a conduit for the interplay of forces of the seen and unseen world. Each moment in time holds the echo of past, present, and future. A woman, her bench, her shawl, and her bundle; each one connected to the other and shaping the direction she takes. Compass asks: Why does the edge call to us? What awaits us there?
This work is a solo with introduction by live storyteller for audiences ages 10+ running time of 23min. Tech Rider and Promotional Package available upon request.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Choreographer/Performer “Blue”: Olivia C. Davies
Story Development / Performer “Rose”: Rosemary Georgeson
Original Score: Michael Red
Dramaturgical Support: Alejandro Ronceria, Santee Smith
Production Support: Native Earth Performing Arts, Kaha:Wi Dance Theatre, and Studio 303
Ready to tour now.
- Dancing on the Edge Festival 2017 at the Firehall Arts Centre in Vancouver, July 11th & 13th, 2017
- Studio 303 REMIX 2017 at Studio 303 in Montreal, January 29th and 30th, 2017
- Work-in-progress showing at Weesageechak Begins to Dance Festival 29, produced by Native Earth Performing Arts at the Aki Studio Theatre in Toronto, November 2016
- Work-in-progress showing at Weesageechak Begins to Dance Festival 28, produced by Native Earth Performing Arts at the Aki Studio Theatre in Toronto, November 2015
- Work-in-progress showing at Kaha:wi Dance Theatre Creators Lab, produced by Kaha:wi Dance Theatre at the Oshweken Community Centre on Six Nations Territory, July 2016
Acknowledgement of funding support from BC Arts Council Canada Council for the Arts, and the First Peoples’ Cultural Council for the development and realization of this project and production support from New Works, The Dance Centre, Studio 303, Native Earth Performing Arts, my family and friends.
Miigwetch! All my relations.